Sunday, January 8, 2012

Growing sock

I have reached the point where you insert contrasting yarn in two rows of stitches. These stitches represent the front and back of the sock.
 I have already knitted the heel, but haven't yet closed it.
Now you insert cable needles into the stitches that had the contrasting yarn and remove the yarn. I have put a piece of yarn through the middle stitch of the row between the cable needles. This stitch will be cut.
This is what it looks like before you cut the middle stitch.
After you cut the middle stitch you pull out the stitches to withing two stitches on each side.
I have started knitting my leg portion of the sock.
My sock so far.
And this is the leg pattern. It is really easier than it looks, and my sock fits like a glove. It is really easy to try it on as you knit to make sure everything fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment